Monday, May 07, 2007

stuff

Tomorrow I am 32 weeks pregnant. I can’t believe how fast the time has gone by. I’m getting really excited now. I’ve been trying to psych myself up for the delivery. It helps having such a wonderful mother who has been so candid and supportive throughout my whole pregnancy. Mum came over yesterday and brought me loads of diapers and wipes, more outfits (for Avery when she is a bit older) and some really nice skin creams for me (I’m addicted to skin creams). My back hasn’t been hurting so I managed to clean all the bathrooms, do all the laundry and reorganize two closets on the weekend. I feel jittery if I’m not getting things done. There are a few more major things to take care of and then I will start to feel better.

Make arrangements for someone to take Charlie for a few days around my due date.
Book my breastfeeding class.
Sign up with the local mom’s group.
Pack hospital bag.
Pack bag for Charlie with food, toys, leash, instructions etc.
Buy dresser for nursery.
Give list of my friends to mother in law for baby shower.
Finish decorating nursery.
Buy “back-ups” for everything we could run out of in case of long recovery for me (pet food, non-perishable food staples, personal hygiene products etc.)
Buy breast pump and accessories
Get birth announcement cards and pre-address them now.

Ugh. That’s not even the whole list. I have another list at home. My mum was joking about the fact that I seem to have the nesting instinct kicking in early. I think it’s because I’m obsessive-compulsive about everything and if things are not done and planned ahead of time, I get really nervous. I seriously need to get on this list though.

I’ve been kind of tired, that’s the only thing really holding me back from getting all of this stuff done in a better time frame. I have a baby permanently lodged in my ribs too, which doesn’t help for comfort. Working full-time sucks a lot of my energy too.

The good news, besides my back feeling better, is that I have been sleeping better and my heartburn seems to have gone away. Now I just need to find a way to get rid of my constant cravings for everything sweet and junky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home