Tuesday, March 20, 2007

25 weeks

Dear Avery,

Last night, your dad and I were sitting on the couch talking about our day and you started kicking up a storm. I took your dad’s hand and put it right where I felt your legs kicking and he finally felt you! It was almost like you knew that daddy had his hand there. I wish you could have seen how much you made him smile. You are growing so fast and getting so big now.

I went to see Dr. B last week and found out that I have gained 3 ½ lbs. I’m pretty sure that most of that is you because my tummy is getting really big. Your heart is strong and healthy, and you still haven’t moved into a head down position, but Dr. B says not to worry, we have lots of time. I’ve registered at the hospital for your birth (I tried to get us a private room but will have to wait and see how busy it is), and I’ll be taking a breastfeeding class and hospital tour soon.

I’m starting to get a little nervous about labour, but I know that you are a strong and healthy baby and I don’t worry about you because I know you will be just fine.

We went to visit your grandparents (on daddy’s side) on the weekend to see your Uncle because it was his birthday. He and your Aunt bought you a very nice little pink sleeper. Your grandparents bought you a playpen, more clothes (I can’t imagine you will even wear all of the stuff you have!), and a cradle and a stroller with a car seat. My dad (your grandfather) has also got some stuff for you but he is going to wait for a bit before he gives it to me. My mum (your grandmother) came over on the weekend too and brought me some beautiful fresh tulips for the house and some cake because I have been eating sweets like crazy since I’ve been pregnant with you.

My books tell me that this week, you can open and close your eyes and respond to light; that the nerves in your hands are fully formed and you are playing with the umbilical cord and sucking your thumb; and that you are starting to fill out and not look so wrinkly. Oh, and you have hair now. You daddy and I always wonder what colour it will be. I’ve been having some really strange dreams these days too. Last night, I dreamt that you were a Koi fish! I was in for an ultrasound and the technician and I watched you swimming around in my uterus. You were red and gold and had big blue eyes. That is probably one of the weirdest dreams I’ve had about you so far. In another dream, you arrived at our house in a package while I was at work and when I got home your dad took me upstairs to meet you. You were packed in newspaper and sleeping in a little box. The one common thing in all of my dreams about you is the love I feel for you already. Even that little Koi fish that was you made me feel such an overwhelming sense of love I cannot even begin to describe it.

As always, keep growing strong and healthy, and we’ll see each other soon.

Love,

Mum

xoxoxoxo

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

Hello! I'm writing from South Africa. I came accross your blog quite by accident, and I'm glad I did. Congrats on your pregnancy! I am infertile. Blah blah blah. Not fun. But always excited to share in other people's pregnancies. I also have a blog, and this isn't supposed to be an advert for it, but you're welcome to have a peak (www.babeless.blogspot.com). I wish you only the best in your pregnancy! Enjoy enjoy enjoy! Hope you don't mind if I keep reading your blog on and off... I see you don't allow anonymous comments. No prob. Cheerio! Char :o)

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home