Thursday, May 03, 2007

31 weeks

Dear Avery,

Things seem to be getting pretty uncomfortable for me at times. The relentless heartburn and weird rib pain are preventing me from sleeping as well as I was in the second trimester. I find that I am tossing and turning for an hour or more in the middle of the night while daddy sleeps peacefully next to me. You and I are both healthy, and you are stronger now than ever before. Your new favourite place in my tummy is nestled right up against my ribs. I can’t tell if it’s your head or your bum, and the doctor couldn’t either, that you have wedged up against my ribs, but you seem to love it there – whatever part of you it is.

I can see a hand or a foot much more clearly now as it pokes my tummy out. Daddy was thrilled the other night when you gave him a “high five”, or so he thought. He sat with his hand on my tummy for the evening and marveled at how strong you have become. It was the most amazing feeling; I could feel your little body touching your dad’s hand, and we were all connected. It was wonderful.

Your nursery still isn’t done. I just don’t seem to have the energy at the end of a work day and weekends have been crazy busy. I am going to get you a dresser next weekend, I promise. Then I will finish decorating the walls and get all of your clothes put away. I’m getting a little nervous about the labour now; actually I’m more worried about you than me. I know we will be fine, but worrying is what mothers do, as I have found out.

I’m winding down at work now in preparation for my year-long maternity leave. I hope to have this all wrapped up as well as everything else so that when you are born we can just enjoy each other. I can’t wait to hold you in my arms while you sleep. I can’t imagine there is a better feeling in this entire world.

Keep growing strong and healthy and we’ll see each other soon.

Love,
Mum

xoxo

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home