Monday, March 26, 2007

26 weeks

Dear Avery,

Something amazing happened this weekend. While your dad and I were drinking coffee and reading the paper on Saturday morning, we saw the right side of my tummy move. Well, actually, I did. Then I pointed it out to your dad, who stared in amazement as you kicked/punched the side of my tummy AND WE COULD SEE IT.

At the beginning of the week, I felt that things were different in there. Your movements seemed less jerky and more controlled. I could also feel you, all of you, slowly roll over from side to side. You are just over a pound and a half according to my books. My tummy is really starting to get big (thank god for yoga pants), and I’m starting to find that getting up out of bed is a little harder than it used to be. Last night I rolled over onto my right side and I could feel where you were lying in my uterus. It was incredible. I love the feeling of the two of us being safe and warm together, snuggled up in bed against daddy.

In food news, I’m finally able to eat Indian food again. Your dad was joking the other day that you must think you’re going to be born in India with all the curry I’ve been eating.

Your grandparents on your dad’s side bought you a cradle (so you can sleep beside daddy and me for the first few months), a stroller, and another car seat! Your other grandmother (my mum) called me on the weekend to let me know she picked up some clothes and wash cloths and things for you too. You are so loved already and it makes me so happy. Everyone is excited about you – it’s all they talk about. You dad and I went to a party on the weekend and our friends are all excited about you too. You’ll be the first baby in the group!

So my sweet girl, keep growing strong and healthy. I can feel you kicking away right now as I write this. Oh, and take it easy on my bladder – maybe start kicking somewhere else for awhile.

Love,

Mum

xoxoxoxoxo

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home