Thursday, October 02, 2008

daycare woes

Avery cried for me when I dropped her off this morning. My heart shattered. Was I complaining about her not even saying goodbye to me before?

Each morning I pack up her breakfast, lunch and snacks to send her to daycare with. For the last three days I have been giving her yogurt, fruit and a slice of carrot loaf for breakfast. As I have not seen the carrot loaf come back in her bag at night, I guess I assumed she was eating it. So I keep packing it, thinking she really likes it. I casually asked my girlfriend about it this morning. It went something like this:

“She seems to like this carrot loaf. She has been eating it every morning right?” I ask.

“Oh no. She won’t even touch it. I kept trying but she wasn’t interested.” said girlfriend/caregiver.

“…” me. Wondering what the fuck she has been doing with the carrot loaf then. Is she eating it?

Also this morning: every single person in that house has a cold. A cold with a nasty cough. Fucking fantastic. Guess what we’ll all be doing next week? I just love having horrible colds whilst being pregnant and looking after a toddler. Oh yes, and working full time. Awesome.

I hate leaving my daughter and I especially hate leaving her in a house full of sick people. Not only that but since she has been going there on Monday, she has had bad gas and runny poop. Every day. Is it teething? Is my girlfriend sneaking her processed, non-organic crap food?

Tomorrow, thank jeebus, both my husband and I are home. I don’t think I could handle another day of leaving her at daycare. Remind me of this next year when I am home with two of them and complaining about not having any “me” time. Truly the current arrangement sucks more for all of us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home