Wednesday, August 27, 2008

good news

I can’t keep this to myself. And I do not keep a diary, so this blog is where it all goes down. For those of you who have me as a friend on the vile Facebook network, please do not make comments about this on my wall, or anywhere else for that matter, as I have people from work as Facebook “friends”.

Yep, I’m pregnant. Roughly 5 weeks along. I found out this morning. I woke up with the same funny feeling I had when I was pregnant with Avery and I thought to myself: There is no way. The reason I thought this is because my last 2 periods have been over a week late and I had resigned myself to the fact that it was going to take a long time to get pregnant because of my irregular cycles. Also, my husband and I literally had sex only once this month. Once. I know, I know, that’s all it takes sometimes. But come on. We tried to be more active on the baby making front, but me going back to work really made everything chaotic. When he wasn’t at work and we were both home together, we were either too tired or Avery was awake.

Once.

I had a really strange dream last night and when I opened my eyes this morning I just knew. I put on some cartoons for Avery, left her snuggled in the bed and got out the pregnancy test. The plus sign showed up right away. Like, as I was peeing. So I put the test in a little Ziploc bag and left it on the dresser. The Husband was on nights last night so Avery watched cartoons and I got ready for work while we waited for daddy. When he got home I got Avery to hand him the bag.

“No way” he said.

“Yep”

“But when?” he was clearly as surprised as me.

“Remember the Saturday before I went back to work?”

“Holy shit”.

Of course, he is thrilled. I am thrilled. I’m not going to worry about bad stuff or anything. I’m just going to enjoy this. Bring on the morning sickness! Bring on the exhaustion! I can take it! Or maybe I have just completely forgotten about what pregnancy does to me. Either way, I could not be happier.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

You people and your procreation...

Congratulations!!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Congrats and happy thoughts to your family!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home