Thursday, August 07, 2008

work bullshit

I was recently turned on to the website http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/ (thanks The Mommeh) which is hilarious and has totally opened my eyes to the world of passive aggressive note-leaving right here in my very own office. I just noticed one of these notes when I went to get a tea from the coffee station around the corner from my office in one of the halls. I would have taken a picture but my stupid piece of shit digital camera just broke, and I’m super old school so my cell does not have picture taking abilities. Instead, here is what the note (posted on the microwave door) says:

THINK BEFORE YOU ZAP!

Are you about to microwave something with a pungent odour? (i.e. popcorn) Then please take it down to the cafeteria. The smell permeates our office and makes some people sick. Thanks.

HR

I think I’m going to start a new series of blog entries related to the complete retardedness of my workplace. Was this note written by someone in HR? I doubt it. I have my suspicions that a certain woman in the sales department had something to do with this. Last year, before I went on maternity leave, she accused me of spraying perfume in my office and told me that she is allergic to “smells”. I did not spray perfume. I gave some of my body spray to my buddy Kris in the office next to me so that he could cover up the smell of our resident IT guy who smells like earth and ass mixed together. IT guy was in Kris’ office for a meeting and he was so sickened by the smell, he wanted to cover it up with some Body Shop Vanilla Body Spray. 1 spritz later and this woman marched over to my office to tell me about her “allergy” and that there is an office policy against wearing perfumes. (There is not) So please stop spraying your perfume. I took the fall for Kris.

She is totally the kind of person who would put up that sign and sign HR to it just to make it look official. No one has taken it down though. She even laminated it.

Also? I don’t want to hear about disputes over vacation days or paycheques anymore. I don’t care what issues you are having with the company. I’m cool with my job; my job is cool with me. If you’re having problems with the company, don’t come in to my office to talk to me about it. I don’t care.

A certain someone is still talking about her “princess cut” engagement ring today.

A bunch of women went to get ice cream at lunch and then came back talking about how “bad” they were for eating and how they were going to be “on a sugar high” all afternoon.

For fucks sake.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home