Wednesday, May 21, 2008

shit

When I first got the stool softener for Avery I thought: this should be no problem giving this to her. It is an orange flavoured syrup to be administered orally via a little plunger thingy. Two teaspoons twice a day, to be increased as is tolerated up to a maximum of two tablespoons twice a day.

I started this stuff 2 weeks ago. We made it one week and got up to the maximum dosage before Avery decided that she no longer wanted to consume this insipid orangey shit and refused to drink it, even if I "concealed" it in another liquid. I can imagine that breastmilk and insipid orange flavoured shit don't mix well. Also, Avery is not a fan of many other liquids. She does like water, but will not drink it with the orange stuff in it.

Ugh.

Since she started this stuff, she has had a few big poops, nothing I would call monumental, and is still waking up 4-5 times a night with gas pain whereupon I must nurse her back to sleep. Both of us are exhausted. Now she isn't getting her stool softener so she has not pooped in two days. Tomorrow we see the pediatrician again where I will have to explain to him that perhaps having a medicine that needs to be administered in this fashion twice a day for 6-8 months is not the best option for a 10 month old. I will also have to try not to get teary in the office, which is no guarantee as I am incredibly sleep deprived with a baby that is always hurting and I have to wean her and get her on solid fucking food in time for me to go back to work in July.

Again I say ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home