Monday, June 09, 2008

back to work on two fronts

I've been feeling much better these last few days. I think I was going through one of my "funks", brought on by my anxiety about leaving Avery and going back to work. The husband and I have had some pretty in-depth conversations since then about my mood and my feelings, and he has made me feel better. We have also decided to start trying for baby #2 right away. Are we nuts? Maybe. But talking about another baby and knowing that once I am home with 2 kids, I will be staying home for a couple of years has given me this enormous sense of peace. I just want to look after my babies for a few years and I know lots of women do not get that opportunity. I am very lucky for that.

I finally got off my ass and went to the hair salon. Wow. I feel a million times better about my appearance now. I had really let myself go there for awhile. After I had my hair done I went out and bought some skirts and dresses and t-shirts for summer. While I was trying them on I really did like what I was seeing. Having a few hours to be off by myself felt good too.

So back to work at the end of July, and back to work on the baby front starting yesterday afternoon. And I am trying to work on being positive and taking care of myself every day, instead of waiting until I am on the verge of a breakdown.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home