Thursday, May 17, 2007

pregnancy update: week 33

The miserable bitch whose desk is located near to mine, has infected me with one of the worst colds I have ever had in my life. This is not the sole reason that she is a miserable bitch, but it is now a contributing factor. She and most of the other women that sit in her area are constantly sick. She spent all last week hacking her face off as I squeezed my eyes against the invisible phlegm particles that spewed across the air because I knew they were headed for me. I was right.

Oh man am I sick. The only good thing to come of this, is that I have lost my voice, and even though I have returned to work today after a lovely 2 days off spent lying in bed moaning and trying to keep my hyper dog occupied (hubby at work all week), I don’t have to speak to anyone. I simply point to my throat and shake my head gravely to indicate my inability to communicate. I’m not even picking up the phone. Ha! Take that project managers! Screw you editors with deadlines! I cannot talk to you; therefore, you cannot bother me with anything.

Avery has been beating the crap out of me from the inside. I think she is still sideways, but it’s hard to tell. I am now in the sole care of my OB/GYN, after being transferred from shared care from my family doctor. As I’ve said before, I’m not really overly impressed with my OB. I called the office yesterday to book my 34 week appointment with him only to find out that they can’t squeeze me in until the next week. What the fuck? This office never has time for me. Why would they accept me as a patient then? You know what – note to self: next time we go with a midwife. First of all, with a midwife, you get like a half hour to forty-five minutes per appointment, unlike at the OB’s where you feel like you are really putting them out by asking questions as they try to get you out the door after 15 minutes. Secondly, a midwife isn’t a knife-wielding vagina terrorist (I am referring to the episiotomy-happy OBs out there). When I go in and see him for my next appointment, I’m going to ask him what the hell is up with all of this nonsense.

Alright, enough of that.

So I’m still feeling really good, other than the fact that I have Ebola. Avery is doing well too. I’m looking forward to finally having her on the outside of my body. I’m more curious about labour rather than fearful now, which is good I guess, although I guess that can change at any time.

Well, back to work. Its not long until I leave here for a year and I have a lot of prep to do. Hopefully this Ebola clears up soon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Oh man. Being sick while preggo is the worst. So sorry to hear it, and also to hear about your OB being all super-dooper self-important. Hope that he (she?) shapes up real soon.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home