Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Great Escape (I hope)

After spending hours and hours polishing my resume and cover letters to apply for two jobs who have still not contacted me after three weeks, I get a phone call from a company yesterday that I completely forgot that I applied to. I think I just happened to see the posting on Workopolis a day before it closed and thought: What the hell? Might as well apply.

Well, it turns out that they are offering two positions. It’s a publishing company (15 minutes away from home!!!!) and it turns out that the Editor (whom I spoke to) is looking for an assistant. She asked me if I would be interested in both positions and of course I said yes. So, now I have an interview next week.

I can’t even explain what this has done for my mood. I don’t even have the job (yet) and already I feel this happiness. There is hope that I can get the hell out of here. I just keep thinking about all the crap I have put up with from my boss. She’s rude to everyone, racist, always in a bad mood.

I really hope I get this new job.

Office Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home