Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Rage

It is really hot in the office today. Actually, it seems to be overly warm in here every day. When you walk into this office from the hallway outside, it’s like walking into a rainforest. MegaBitch (MB) cranks up the thermostat whenever she feels cold, which is all the time. She raises the temperature by four degrees every morning, and every afternoon I go over there and turn it down. I figure, if she doesn’t bother to ask anyone before she adjusts the temperature, then neither will I. It gives me rage. If you are too cold or too hot at work, then dress accordingly. She should bring a goddamn sweater if she’s cold. She is the only one with a window seat and I guess a draft comes along with that. Me-I’m shoved into a cubicle in the middle of the room right under a heating vent with no view except the mustard yellow wall in front of me. The temperature should be set at a standard 21C, not 24C or 25C. Rage.

I am so tired of hearing women go on about how cold they are all the time. What the hell is up with that? Even the overweight ones are always cold. I’m always uncomfortable in here, regardless of what I’m wearing (which of course involves a certain amount of covering up for professional reasons) because it is humid and too warm. Everywhere else in the building is much nicer and cooler.

I had to listen to all the office idiots talk about how much they looooove Grey’s Anatomy at lunch today. What gets me is that, in the background the cafeteria has the television sets on to the news channel, where they are discussing the role of the Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, and here is everyone at my table, gabbing away about the moronic television shows they watch. More rage. Sorry to anyone who likes that show, I just think its mindless entertainment, not this epic that everyone makes it out to be. I swear, make a show about doctors and their seedy relationships with each other, add in some drama and sprinkle liberally with misused medical jargon and people go nuts.

“Oh it’s just the smartest show on television!” they say.

The same applies to lawyer and cop shows.

Hey, I watch crap too. But its worthwhile crap. No one can tell me that Lost is nothing more than a soap opera. At least it has some substance.

And speaking of stupid; you know someone at work actually accused me of making up the word ‘verbose’ the other day. I used it and they started at me like I should be embarrassed and said: “That’s not even a word! You just made that up!”

Yeah.

Office Girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home