Thursday, March 16, 2006

This is my cubicle. There are many like it but this one is mine...

Okay. I know I complain about work a lot, but seriously, I work in an atmosphere filled with so many big, rude, type-A personalities that I am convinced that this place is an anomaly. Nowhere else, in any other office, could there possibly be the same amount of complete assholes.

On top of this, I have the misfortune of having to work for a person who likes to do nothing other than, well, work, and be at work. She really does not have a lot going on outside of this place and also feels that I should be here at all hours too. What is the deal with these people? All they do is work. They don't even bill for the overtime. One suggestion might be that they actually enjoy their job, but I know this is not the case with her. Oh, the rage. I was stuck here until 6:30pm last night and you can bet your bippy that will be the last time I do that. My philosophy is that if they cannot fit all the work they need you to do in a 40 hour week, they need to hire another body. I sure as hell am not picking up the slack.

I must work for a cyborg. It loves to pour over documents again and again until they are "perfect". You know what perfectionists are? They are timewasters. Being a perfectionist is retarded. It is the most inefficient use of time in the office. The thing is, these people think it's something to be proud of. They have been programmed. I need to get out of here.

The problem is, if I get pregnant, I need the time that I have put in here. If I get another job, I don't think it will give me enough "time served" in order to qualify for maternity benefits. I'm trapped here. I am trapped in a windowless cubicle, with a bunch of people who would rather be here than anywhere else.

Help.

Office Girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home