Thursday, April 13, 2006

Four Day Weekend! But do I deserve it?

I can’t believe that I am getting a four-day weekend. Of course, the only reason that I am getting Monday off as well as Friday is because the other company that works in our office is taking it off. My boss was not impressed. She actually wanted to come to work on Monday. When I told her I thought it was nice to have a four day weekend, considering that it has been a few months since we’ve had holiday time, she replied by saying:

“We get tons of time off in the summer (which is bullshit-a couple of long weekends in the summer does not constitute “tons of time off” in my mind) and the only reason we are taking Monday off is because they are (referring to the other company).”

Wow. She really does not want to take time off. What the fuck is wrong with this person? I know she is a total spinster and the most bitter person I have ever met but come on! Seriously, I don’t know how much longer I can work in this place. I spent the day yesterday driving her around to and from a car mechanic’s place. She said thanks, but this morning she comes in and shows me something she has baked.

“What’s this?” I ask.

“It’s for blank, I made her one cause she’s just so nice.” she says, referring to someone from the other company.

Hmm. Nice, eh? Did she drive your ass around all day yesterday? No.

I could care less about getting something from her, but the fact that she is either being totally rude or completely oblivious all the time is really starting to piss me off.

So what the hell do I do? Wait to get pregnant and go off on maternity, or look for another job at the risk of getting pregnant soon after I am hired there? Quite a dilemma.

Office Girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home