Wednesday, February 18, 2009

30 weeks pregnant

I’m still here. We have been battling virus after virus at our house these past few weeks and I swear I have never been so tired in my life.

I am now 30 weeks pregnant and Hayden is feeling pretty huge to me, maybe even bigger than Avery was at this point. It’s weird how this second pregnancy has not been as big of a deal as my first. I feel like time has flown by and some days I even forget that I’m pregnant (well, not lately given the size of my tummy). I guess with having a toddler, a full time job and all the other stuff in life, I just don’t have time to sit around and reflect on this pregnancy.

I have not written any letters to Hayden yet and I’m feeling a little guilty about that. I have made it a priority to do at least a couple of them before she is born. I am scheduled to have my c-section on April 16th at 3:45pm. I find it very strange to be able to write the exact date and time of the birth of my second daughter in my planner. Besides the horrible heartburn and the gallstones, this pregnancy has been a pretty good one. I can’t believe it’s almost over. Most days, I am filled with excitement about the new baby; on other days, I’m a little worried about Avery and how she is going to feel about the whole thing. I’m also worried that I’m going to have postpartum depression again. I have spoken to my OB about it and have the name and number of a psychologist but I just haven’t been able to bring myself to call. Every now and again, I get a faint hint of the depression and anxiety. Is this when I started to get it with Avery? Before I had her? I can’t remember. I know the feeling well though. These tiny little reminders of it could be nothing, or they could be the first few dark clouds passing over the sun before the storm rolls in.

I am going to see how I feel over the next few weeks and make a decision about the psychologist then.

In the meantime, I’m wrapping things up at work and looking forward to being able to be home with my children for a few years, because truly that makes me a very lucky mother indeed.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home