Wednesday, June 06, 2007

pregnancy update: 36 weeks

Okay I feel a bit better today, at least better than I did when I wrote my last post. This is not to say that the actual situation has changed, but I have calmed down about it.

I saw my OB this morning and all is well. Avery is still head down but her head is not engaged yet. Her heart rate is very good, my blood pressure is very good, and I have gained 17 pounds total up to this point, which is also very good. I ate two danishes in a row last night and now I don’t feel so guilty about it, although a Dairy Queen Mint Oreo Blizzard has been calling my name for weeks and I am so tempted to chow down on that tonight. Damn you cravings for all things sweet and delicious!!!

The husband has been working extra shifts and has been on nights for the last few nights. He’ll finally be off on Thursday. I’m used to it I guess, but I’m finding that being this pregnant with a puppy and a house to look after is difficult without my partner. He also forgot to take the garbage out last night so I had to wake up to the sound of garbage trucks this morning, bolt out of bed and haul the compost, recycling and garbage out to the curb. Not easy with 17 pounds of tummy in front of you. Ah well, it could be worse I guess. I just wish he would stop ‘forgetting’ things like that and try to remember that his wife is tired and pregnant and alone a lot of the time with a very hyper dog and no one else to help. I made a comment the other day about how I would really like to just have a cesarean section and spare my vagina. I was being slightly glib of course, but his comment to me was “Well, then I would have to do EVERYTHING around here for two weeks while you recovered.” I didn’t say anything to that in case I am just being overly sensitive but really what I wanted to say was “hey sorry, you know this whole labour thing is all about you and your needs. I mean, who cares what happens to my body; what matters is how it impacts you right?” Yeah, right.

Anyway, I’m glad my little bean girl is doing well and that is all that matters to me right now. I can’t believe we are going to meet each other in just a few weeks. It seems almost surreal.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Darch said...

I do believe the recovery time for a cesarean is 6 weeks...unless my friends have been milking it.

Best of luck in the upcoming weeks.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home