Monday, January 29, 2007

me:1 negative self:0

The VP just walked into my office to tell me she just finished reading a “very glowing review” that my manager had done on me and that she is very impressed. She also mentioned that all the writers and editors love working with me. She is “ecstatic” to have me working here.

So there negative self – take that!

Stop running yourself down and assuming the worst all the time. You do a great job at work and you are in a place you love.

I’m writing this down so I can look back on this and remember on those days when I tell my mirror self how fat she looks or worry that I am not adding up at work or as a wife or, eventually, as a mother. So I officially announce today to be Give Yourself a Break Day. This is for all the women out there that are hard on themselves and critical of how they perform in their day to day functions (employee, wife, mom, sister etc).

Today, when you have a moment to yourself, pour a nice glass of wine or cup of hot chocolate or whatever, sit down and reflect on something positive you did or have done, or are doing and give yourself some credit for working as hard as you do. Take a break from self-criticism today. Stop worrying about everything and give yourself the night off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home