Monday, January 22, 2007

the zoo

Tomorrow marks the beginning of week 17 for me. I’m really excited about the ultrasound in week 18. Hopefully, if all goes well, we find out the sex. I don’t really have any annoying symptoms. I still don’t really have much of an appetite. My only complaint is that I am still a little tired and I get a leg cramp every night from sleeping on my left side.

A few people, including our vet, have recommended possibly getting a second, older dog for Charlie to keep him company when the baby is born. Not that I plan on ignoring my little guy but I won’t have as much time for him and he does demand quite a bit of it. My husband is home much of the time because of his shift work, but there will be days when its just me and the baby and the cats and dog. I feel like I live on a farm. Which is why I initially said no to getting another dog when my husband and mother were sitting at the dining room table discussing it the other day. My mum thinks we should, which is easy for her to say since she does not live on my farm.

After my mother left, my husband went on the internet and came downstairs with a pile of dogs he found on some adopt-a-dog website. Of course as soon as I saw the dogs, I melted. One in particular, a five year old yellow lab named Yule (we’ll have to change the name) is looking for a home after his owner, a senior who spoiled him rotten and made him very obese, passed away. Yule needs a home with active owners and another doggie to keep him company.

Of course, I just melted.

To make a long story short, the foster parents of Yule are calling us tonight for an interview. I guess this means we are getting another dog. What the hell am I thinking? I don’t know. Our vet says it can take a lot of pressure off of us to have a dog for Charlie to play with. I figure, Charlie is so much work how much work could another dog possibly be?

Famous last words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home