Thursday, January 25, 2007

anniversary

Time flies. Today is my 2 year wedding anniversary. I can’t believe the husband and I have been married for 2 years. It definitely does not feel that long. I think the total time we have been together, dating and married, adds up to 11 years. It’s so weird when I look back at pictures of us when we first met. I was 17 and he was almost 20. Little did we know we were going to end up where we are now. A house in the suburbs, full of animals and a baby on the way. I could honestly not have done it with anyone else though. I’m so lucky to have found him.

On the baby front, I haven’t really been feeling ‘overly pregnant’. By which I mean, sometimes I kind of forget that I even am. This seems to be changing pretty fast:

The boobs. My god the boobs are killing me again. They feel so heavy and sore that I think I am going to have to start wearing a bra at night. To me, they feel like udders. They sit on my chest, rapidly expanding beyond DD territory, hard as rocks. Actually, they are starting to look pretty ridiculous because the rest of me (other than my inconspicuously hidden baby bump) has not expanded at all. Hello Dolly Parton.

Baby bump. It is warping my belly button. Never in my life have I ever seen the bottom of my bottomless pit belly button until now. Its sort of sitting at a weird angle too. And the rest of my tummy just below the belly button is pushing up and out. I have a feeling I’m going to be really big.

Leg cramps. Every night while I slumber away on my left side. So uncomfortable.

Baby kicks. Morning and evening, the little one is boxing away in there now. Its wonderful.

Oh yes, as for the dog Yule; we will be picking him up this week for a trial period to make sure he can adjust to life with us well. You knew I would do it. Man, I am going to be one busy momma.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Leg cramps, oh how I dont miss those. Increase in the calcium and potassium department. Drink lots of milk (or take calcium pills) and eat lots of bananas (and I despise bananas so I took extra potassium). Yoga before bed too... or some simple stretching routine without pointing your toes. Left side sleeping sucked for me but I did it too... and lemme tell you, when you can finally sleep on your right side, your back or your tummy you will enjoy it.

I wore a bra at night. A nursing bra without underwire. Or at least something to keep the giant mounds of Jell-o from flopping everywhere and pulling my shoulder muscles. I swore at one point the skin was gonna rip right off I felt so heavy.

Say bye bye to your belly button, it will never look the same. One day, when your little peanut starts learning his/her body parts and compares their belly button with yours, you'll realize how cute yours used to be and it'll never be that cute again without some sort of barbie doll plastic surgery. One day you'll wake up and SUPRISE! your innie will be an outie.

I cant believe you guys have been married for two years either. I remember when you got married and wow, that was 2 years ago? Sheesh time flies.

Good luck with the new diggie... Our strata doesnt allow dogs (only cats) so I'm living vicariously through your pet experiences. Cant say I feel like I'm missing out on explosive puppy butts. Mind you, my cat and his morning gifts of puked up cat food all over the now off-white carpet isnt much better.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home