Friday, October 20, 2006

Randomness

So, tomorrow is the big day. Thank jeebus it’s not my big day. I no longer have to take pictures of the bride when she is getting ready, I guess they found someone else, I didn’t even ask – I was just happy that I don’t have to. All we have to do now is pick up some flowers from the florist and take them to the hall to set them up.

Nice.

Charlie will be at the babysitters in the morning so I might actually get to enjoy breakfast and a shower without constant interruptions. Hopefully, everything is going to go well. I think my brother in law is sleeping at our house tonight (they want to keep the tradition of not seeing the bride before the wedding). I think that is hilarious. She is Catholic, he is not. She agreed to have the ceremony outside of a Catholic church, and the ceremony is now being conducted by a Presbyterian minister. I am not a religious person, so I don’t see the difference (though my family is/was Irish Catholic we never went to church, so basically, we were your standard Catholics. Actually, now that I think of it my Catholic grandmother now goes to a United church because she got fed up with all the bullshit. I digress). However, her parents insisted on incorporating some Catholic ceremony stuff into the service. So whatever; now we can all be happy.

Right now I am sitting at my desk listening to the woman three offices down from me tell some other woman in Finance all about her life. Everyone is either in a cubicle or they keep their office door open, so you can hear everything. Everyone else keeps this in mind when speaking so as not to disturb everyone else. This woman is a loud talker. From day one here, I began hearing about her divorce (keep in mind she has never spoken to me), her abusive husband, her philandering brother in law, her recent trip to New York, her constipation, her three year old daughter, her sick mother, her alcoholic father, the shitty neighborhood she lives in, then the purchase of her new house in the country (which includes a fire pit, pool, and fenced in yard which is great because she is thinking about getting a dog), her fart jokes, who she told off and when about what they said behind her back about the way she raises her kid…I could go on. OH WAIT! She literally THIS SECOND said AD VERBATIM “She knows I’m a Christian, she knows how much I love God.” Hold on, I can’t quite hear what they are talking about. Oh, she’s talking about her trip to New York again, and how much she loves Will Smith. Okay, I’m tuning out.

Something like that would have bothered me at my old job, but now because I love this place so much, I could care less. People are weird. I can deal with that.

Anyways, I’ll write all about the wedding. Here’s to hoping it works out and everyone is happy.

Office Girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home