Monday, October 16, 2006

Sucking it Up and Skating it Off

I think I must be passive-aggressive.

How many times have I complained about this wedding and yet I am always doing things for the people involved in it? I guess I need to either shut up and do it, or tell everyone to piss off and hide myself away until the wedding. I’ve decided to do the former.

The shower seemed to go well enough, though only a handful of people showed up. The only person there with a camera was me. I just happened to bring our video camera at the last minute. Not even the bride’s parents or her maid of honour had a camera. This is how supremely disorganized the whole thing is. Unfortunately, I am a dolt and did not rewind the tape after I transferred my old stuff onto my computer at home and got only about 8 minutes of tape from the shower. Luckily, I got the surprise entrance (she did not know about the party), the cake cutting, and most of the gift opening – it was a small shower. They have asked me to take pictures of her getting ready on the day of now. Of course I said yes. I felt bad. They only booked their photographer for a certain block of time and failed to think about the “traditional” bride getting ready photos.

Anyway, I have no idea how this is going to work out on the day of. We have to get up early, take Charlie to his babysitter (luckily I have found a wonderful woman to take care of him at her home through a girl I work with so I can now be guilt-free at the event), drive to the flower shop, pick up the flowers, bring them to the hall, check into our hotel room, then I have to race back to her house to take the pictures. I have to find some time in all of this to get myself ready. I still don’t have a bra to wear. My boobs have been shrinking at an enormous rate and I bought the dress when I was pregnant and had huge knockers. So now I need some kind of a push-up bra. That’s where I’m going tonight.

So another busy week; things never seem to slow down. My husband is going away to a conference for a week after the wedding so I am running the house by myself again. I’m thinking I might put Charlie in doggie daycare on those days so he doesn’t have to sit in his crate all day and then have a tired mom coming home to him and not being able to run him enough. I guess I’ll have to figure that out soon. Really, I would just like to be able to get a load of laundry done, clean a bathroom or two, and have some time to shave my legs.

Sooooo tired.

Office Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home