Thursday, December 14, 2006

Presents

It does not feel like Christmas here. We have not had even a flake of snow and it is 10 degrees today. Thank you global warming. Everyone else seems to love it, but I miss winter.

On the Christmas presents front, my husband and I are finished all the shopping we had to do. Well, except for my sister in law’s present. Given that I barely know her, it has makes shopping for her difficult. For my husband’s family, everyone draws one name and that is the only present you have to get, which is a pretty good idea. Generally, both of us end up with garbage, thoughtless presents and every year we ask that whoever gets us to make a donation to a charity for us. No one ever listens. I swear when I get some time I am going to take a picture of some of the things I have received and put it up on my blog.

For example: I like Calla Lilies. I had them as my wedding bouquet flower and I plant them in my garden. So my mother in law figures that since I like this flower, she will go out and get me something with this in mind. My gift last year was a puke-coloured ceramic vase with fake moss at the base of a fake, single calla lily. I’m pretty convinced that she got this either at the dollar store or at Sprawl-Mart. It is the ugliest fake flower I have ever seen. It is now in a box in my basement.

I don’t understand. If someone tells you that the best gift you can get for them is to donate to WWF or some other cause why wouldn’t you just do it? It seems like a huge waste of money to me to buy them something you won’t even be sure that they will like.

Oh yeah, I also got a diet cookbook too. Nice.

We are hoping to be able to tell everyone that I am pregnant with a healthy baby this Christmas. My first ultrasound is on the 22nd of this month and I am getting pretty nervous. I’ve noticed a little bump starting to stick out just below my bellybutton, and my boobs are still killing me. The morning/all-day sickness seems to be going away though.

I have no idea when I am going to tell my boss. I think I might try and wait until I can’t hide it anymore. The other woman in my office who is pregnant got a pretty good response from everyone here, including management, so it looks good for me. I am definitely going to push telling them until my probation is over at the end of January. I don’t know if I’ll be able to hide it that long though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home