Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy December

It’s still raining here, which is kind of depressing. I like snow, especially around this time of year. My husband and I decorated the outside of the house with lights and garland but it just doesn’t feel as festive without the white stuff.

Life is changing yet again. I thought for awhile about whether or not I should write about this and I thought – hey, why not? The only other person I know that reads this blog is Teh Mommeh and I feel perfectly comfortable sharing things with her as she is such an open and honest person, even in her blog. So here it goes. I’m pregnant again. It’s still early, I’m only in the beginning of my third month, but I think that since this blog is such a cathartic thing for me at times, I am going to document what goes on in my life. I have tried to keep a journal, but this blog is always way more up to date and I want to remember who I was in my twenties and beyond when I get older so that I can share it with my children and grandchildren.

So I was a little nervous for awhile when I found out, but I’m feeling more at ease now. The one good thing about this pregnancy (though it doesn’t feel so good) is that I have been sick as a dog with nausea and vomiting and my boobs are killing me like never before. My doctor tells me that this is a very good sign. I had very little symptoms with the last pregnancy and in all the books they say that women with few symptoms are at greater risk of miscarriage, which if obviously what happened to me. I have my first ultrasound on December 22, and it will hopefully be a happy and healthy early Christmas present and late birthday present for me.

I’ve kind of been dragging myself through the days at work with being so ridiculously tired and sick, but I’m still happy. I think I am going to wait to tell them until my six month probation is up at the end of January. I know I am going to be the target of much office gossip because there are a bunch of clucky hens around here with nothing better to do than criticize other women for having babies and going on maternity leave. But I don’t care. It’s hard to explain but I have never felt so focused on one thing in my entire life. It’s like I already feel like a mother. Strange.

Anyway, that’s it. It feels good to get this out. I have only told my mother (and my husband obviously) and we are going to wait until after the ultrasound to tell the rest of the family. So for now, all is well. I hope it stays that way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Congratulations!

Those all sound like good signs!!!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yay! Congratulations! Things will go great for you guys! Puking your brains out and being super tired is a good thing. It'll pass with time... come January you'll stop the barfing (hopefully) and you'll feel better. Then before you know it, 3rd trimester will be here and you'll want so much sex your husband wont be able to keep up. ;)

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home