Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Balls and Night Terrors (and a little ranting).

So my poor little Charlie loses his balls this morning, I know it’s a minor surgery but I always worry about anesthetic. I guess because I used to work at a vet clinic years and years ago. We had the cutest little pug puppy in for a neuter and he died on the table because his heart could not handle the anesthetic. I cried for weeks, literally. It still makes me sad when I think about it. Okay enough about this, I’m working myself up.

In other news, I have night terrors. Yay. On an almost nightly basis, I have a dream that someone is coming after me. I however, think that I am awake and I swear to jeebus I can see them in my room lunging towards the bed at me. This results in me screaming my head off and trying to jump out of bed and turn on the light. Normally, I don’t remember any of this and my poor husband has to wake up to find me screaming in the corner of the room and try to snap me out of it. It’s getting to the point where I am afraid to go to sleep some nights. I don’t know if this is a pregnancy related kind of a thing or what, but I wish it would stop. I’ll have to ask my doctor about it.

Things have been slowing down at work. Not only for me but for everyone else, which worries me sometimes. I have been told that this business is up and down. The other day, one of the HR people had to send me a list of the people in my department for some survey thing I volunteered to do. Anyways, she ended up sending me a list of everyone in the company, their pay-scale number (a rating system that goes from 7-22, but is very easy to decode when you know your own number and how much you make), and the date they started. I’m pretty sure I was not supposed to get this list, but whatever. I took a look at it and noticed that the majority of people, and I’m talking 90%, all started in the year 2000 and up. I mentioned this to my coworker, she is contract here but has been with the company on and off for the last ten years and she told me that as soon as there is a downturn in business, they lay people off like crazy. Great. It used to be that in a big company they would try to find jobs for those lay-offs in other parts of the company. Companies are not accountable anymore. They really do not give a shit about their staff. This is why when I hear the old hens at work criticizing other women for having their babies and taking time off I get mad. Don’t these people get it? You might as well live your life the way you want to and have your family when you want to because the company does not care about you. Why would you feel so loyal to a corporation like that?

Mindless drones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home