Tuesday, December 04, 2007

catching up...




Alright so Avery is now 4 1/2 months old. What the hell have we been doing all this time? Does anyone even read this blog anymore?

Avery is wonderful. She really hardly ever cries, she sleeps most of the night (except waking to feed briefly a couple of times), and she is teething though she is being very tough about it. She is still sleeping in our bed and I intend on keeping it this way after reading a few books by Dr. Sears and realizing that I am not a total freak for having my baby sleep in my bed. It is wonderful.

Breastfeeding is still going well except we have had the top of a jagged little tooth introduced into the situation and the under side of the nipples are a little sore.

I am venturing out into the world of mommy groups tomorrow. I'm going to admit that I am a little nervous. I have no idea how we are all going to navigate our strollers around the crowded mall but hell, I'm getting out of the house and ACTUALLY TALKING to other mums with babies. I am forcing myself to come out of my shell, get out of my pajama pants and interact with other people. Wish me luck.

In other news, I have joined an online group for Attachment Parenting parents. My goal is to meet other mothers who won't look at me like a freak when I tell them I sleep with my baby, nurse her on demand, and won't let her "cry it out" to "teach her to sleep". I am excited about this. I'll let you know how it goes (if anyone even reads this thing anymore).

Oh, and the reason I am able to write this? Avery is NAPPING!!! Yes, more than twenty minutes per nap! She actually sleeps for two hours in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Oh sweet bliss.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home